5/16/2011

No News is Good?

Howdy Friends,
Runoff has started here on the mighty Yellowstone and the mother's day caddis hatch is a little belated.  I was hoping this year to hit the hatch of hatches with my father-in-law but the river had other plans; perhaps mother took a much needed vacation?  With winter snows being heavy around Cooke City and throughout the park I think we will see a significant runoff this spring as compared to the last several years.  The water could get clear enough if we hit some low temps soon but look out Livingston if we see some 80 degree days too quickly.  Here's the cfs tracking from the Corwin Springs station north of town.  (USGS)


Later this week we have one day with a high of 40 forecasted so perhaps the day after we could see some clearer water.  I will keep my eyes peeled with hopes to get out soon but it could be late July before we get on the Yellowstone again.  I guess it's time to tie some flies.  Hope to see you below the green boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment