4/10/2013

Hogbows of Promise

Howdy Friends,

Last weekend I got to fish my first tail water fishery in Montana.  Despite the large number of anglers present the water still seemed thick with and even smelled of fish.  Down right hog infested.  I was privileged to accompany friend and Parks Fly Shop pro-staff member Ben Jewell.  He's an excellent fly tier, caster, hog lander, rock jumper,  and all around excellent fisherman.  He also a fishing machine and I'm not sure I've ever fished with his equal.  Well done.

Fishing was great and we got into them right away.  Shrimp and eggs was on the menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Using my 4wt all day I found it hard to land the fish but after some tips from Ben I was able to beach a few.  I'm not gonna lie, my arm still hurt on Tuesday this week.  Below are a few pictures.




 

It was fun!  These are some of the biggest rainbows I've seen since coming out here.  What a day!  On the way home we got to see some other rainbows and even a funnel cloud.  I got to experience my first thunderstorm of 2013 in Montana.





 Thanks Ben for a great day on the water.  Until then hope to see you below the green boxes.

-Link

P.S.

Here are a few more random pics from the day.










No comments:

Post a Comment